Hong Kong is also regarded as one of the Asia-Pacific region’s best locations for raising a family. The large expatriate community of Hong Kong which contains people from all corners of the world will ensure that all new entrants there will never feel out of place while living in Hong Kong. Most importantly, Hong Kong has one of the world’s highest standards of living.

Several people who have moved to Hong Kong had initially made the move alone. Many such people then desire to have other family members join them in Hong Kong at some point. For this reason, the government of Hong Kong has instituted the Dependant Visa Scheme to allow such to be the case.

If you have been considering relocating to Hong Kong, you might choose to engage the services which we at Paul Hype Page & Co have provided. We will make it easier for you to receive the Hong Kong visa which you require. Thus, you will be able to move to Hong Kong and begin your new life there.

Dependant Visa

Hong Kong’s Dependant Visa is a relocation visa intended to be used by a foreigner’s immediate family members. Such family members are defined as spouses as well as unmarried children who are below the age of 18. In some cases, parents are included as well. However, the foreigner in question must either be a permanent resident of Hong Kong holder of a valid Hong Kong visa. Such a visa is defined as one which may be used for employment, study, training, or investment in Hong Kong.

The duration for which a sponsored dependant may remain in Hong Kong is connected to the duration for which the dependant’s sponsor may do so. This means that a holder of a Dependant Visa holder is legally permitted to live, work, or study in Hong Kong over the same period which the dependant’s sponsor is allowed to.

Sometimes, a foreigner who lives in Hong Kong might consider bringing more than one family member to Hong Kong. Any foreigner who plans to do so must fill a separate application for each family member to be sponsored. Each family member is also to be individually sponsored by the person in question.

Visual Content

The solutions we offer for companies and their owners cover important areas such as incorporation, taxation, auditing, and work visas, among others.

Informative Content

We are always ready and willing to work with any genuine and legitimate company which requires our incorporation services or any other services we provide.


We offer company incorporation, consultancy services, auditing, taxation, immigration & compliance services.

People Who May Receive a Hong Kong Dependant Visa

The list of people who may receive a Dependant Visa of Hong Kong primarily depends on the sponsor’s residency status in Hong Kong. All foreigners who are sponsors of dependants are to be divided into two categories based on their status.

Foreigners who are part of Category A are those who are either permanent resident of Hong Kong or residents who are not subject to any limit of stay. Such residents either have the right to own land in Hong Kong, the right to an unconditional stay in Hong Kong, or both. Those in Category A may bestow their Dependant Visas on spouses, unmarried children (adopted or biological) who are below the age of 18, and parents who are 60 years old or older.

The foreigners in Category B include those who have received any one of several different Hong Kong visas. These visas include those allowing the foreigner to work, invest, study, or be trained in Hong Kong. Any foreigner who has been granted the right to remain in Hong Kong as an entrant through the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme is also in Category B. Those in Category B may use their Dependant Visas to bring spouses and unmarried children (adopted or biological) who are below the age of 18 to Hong Kong.


Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

More Business Insights

Undecided or got questions

Got other questions?

Drop us a message on WhatsApp or connect with us through our contact form.

Join the discussions