Hong Kong Working Visa/ Employment Pass

We bring solutions to make life easier for Employment Pass Application.

Work Visas in Hong Kong2023-08-11T08:41:24+00:00

At Paul Hype Page, our dedicated team of professionals is fully committed to supporting both employers and employees throughout the working Visa application journey. Whether you are an employer seeking to sponsor foreign talent or an individual aiming to secure an a Visa, we offer personalized guidance and assistance to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience.

As you explore our website, you will find a wealth of valuable resources, frequently asked questions, and helpful tips to enhance your understanding of the work Visa. Our services cover a wide range of aspects, from assessing your eligibility to preparing a robust application, equipping you with the tools and knowledge necessary for success.

We deeply understand the intricacies and complexities involved in the application process, and our primary aim is to simplify it for you, providing clarity and peace of mind throughout the entire journey.

Types of Working Visa

Documents Required for Work Visa Application

To prepare for your Visa application, there are documents needed to be provided by both the applicant and the employer. Generally, and subject to specific requirements of each Visa, these are the document required:

Documents From the Applicant:

Employment Visa Application Form, duly completed

A copy of your:

  • Passport – personal particulars page
    • If you are in Hong Kong at present, a copy of the passport page with the latest arrival stamp/extension of stay label
  • Hong Kong identity card (if any)
  • Proof of overseas residence
  • Proof of academic qualifications and relevant working experience

Documents From the Employer:

Application for Employing Professionals in Hong Kong, duly completed

A copy of the company’s:

  • Employment contract or letter of appointment containing information about your post, salaries, other fringe benefits and employment periods
  • Business Registration Certificate
  • Proof of financial standing of the company – examples included audited financial reports, profit tax returns, or trading profit and loss accounts
  • Background information about the company’s business activities, supported by documentary evidence like catalogues or brochures.

If the employing company is a newly setup company within the last 12 months, a detailed business plan will be required.

All submitted documents must be in English or Chinese. Otherwise, such documents must be translated into English or Chinese by a certified translation body.

Family Inclusion/ Dependent Pass:

Successful visa applicants can bring their spouse or partner (in various types of civil partnership/ unions) and unmarried dependent children under 18 to settle in Hong Kong. The dependents must be capable of supporting themselves financially without relying on public assistance in Hong Kong.

Note: “Civil partnership” and “civil union” are legal institutions similar to marital relationships.

  • Same-sex and opposite-sex partnerships/unions formed outside Hong Kong are recognized if they meet specific criteria.
  • These recognised relationships must be legally and officially acknowledged in the place where they were formed, with the following characteristics:
    • Governed by the laws of the place the recognised relationship is formed.
    • Require registration by a competent authority.
    • Written documents from competent authority.

Latest Development on Work Visa Limit of Stay in Hong Kong

In 2022, the Hong Kong Immigration Department has recently initiated new enhancement measures, in which the pattern of limit of stay has been changed to facilitate longer stays. For example, the QMAS pattern of limit of stay is now 3+3+2 years, instead of 2+3+3 years.

More information can be obtained from the Immigration Department website.

Your Questions, Answered

Moving to Hong Kong can be daunting if you’re not familiar with the visa processes – here are the top questions regarding Hong Kong Immigration & Visa applications that will clear your doubts!

Will I be able to gain permanent residence from my work visa?2023-08-04T04:56:26+00:00

If you have obtained a work visa through the employment for professionals scheme and have lived in Hong Kong continuously for at least seven years, you meet the eligibility criteria to apply for Permanent Residence, commonly known as “Right of Abode” in Hong Kong.

How long does the procedure take?2023-08-04T04:46:41+00:00

All visa/entry permit applications are processed and determined by the Immigration Department. Approval of applications is entirely discretionary and is subject to changes in government policies. The Director of Immigration reserves absolute discretion to refuse any application even if the application meets all eligibility criteria.

The estimated application timeline would range from 2 weeks to 3 months.

Is it hard to obtain an employment visa in Hong Kong?2021-06-10T13:23:50+00:00

Yes, it is becoming a uphill task to get an employment visa in Hong Kong since most jobs that were initially done by expats are currently being executed by locals. However, you are always welcome to talk to a consultant of Paul Hype Page. Depending on your background, we can recommend you the most relevant visa for you to relocate to Hong Kong

When will I need a visa to enter Hong Kong?2021-06-10T13:22:25+00:00

If you are from the countries that do not visa to enter Hong Kong, you will only need a visa to Hong Kong when youseek to further your studies, conduct business, or for employment purpose.

At what point should I apply for my Working Visa?2021-06-10T13:22:46+00:00

You should apply for a Working Visa at the point when you have acquired the job offer or when you have been cleared as an investor. This is because you will need the job to offer proof in the application process.

The Working Visa may be applied for before arrival if you are not one of the visa-free entrants or while within Hong Kong as a visa-free entrant. The latter is so because you may have gotten the job offer while visiting Hong Kong.

What is the difference between Employment Visa and Working Visa?2021-06-10T13:22:53+00:00

A Working Visa is the umbrella visa under which Employment Visa exists. An employment visa is given to those arriving in Hong Kong with a unique skill set, as an employee in a certain company.

Can I consider a Long-Term visa if I plan to bring my same-sex dependent?2021-06-10T13:23:02+00:00

Yes. HKSAR or the Peoples Republic of China allows you to bring your dependence on a recognized same-sex civil union or an opposite-sex civil union if the union is lawfully recognized by the authorities of the place where it was celebrated. Where civil union refers to a legal partnership akin to that in marriage.

How long is the validity of an Employment for Professionals work visa?2021-06-10T13:23:29+00:00

A year. The visa can be renewed when it is expired. 

What is the cost of the Hong Kong visa?2021-06-10T13:23:14+00:00

The process of obtaining a self-employment visa in Hong Kong is the same as that of a business visa. They should cost no more than 250 HKD which is approximately 33USD. 

Articles on visas and working in Hong Kong

Access in-depth guides on all-things work visas to make your move to Hong Kong a seamless and stress-free one with our articles, written from our years of experience.

Hong Kong’s Working Visa Specialist

Trusted by many of our clients globally, we specialise in securing your move to Hong Kong to kick-start your new journey. We go above and beyond to understand your needs to provide tailored solutions for high success rates.

Let us be your trusted partner in making work visas in Hong Kong a seamless reality. Whether you are an employer seeking to sponsor foreign talent or an individual aiming to secure an Employment Visa, we are here to simplify the process, ensuring compliance, and an assured journey to success.

Why Choose Us?

Personalized Client-Centric Approach:

We understand that each client is unique, and that’s why we tailor our services to cater to your specific needs. Whether you are a startup or a multinational corporation, we have the expertise to offer personalized guidance throughout the entire visa application process

Seamless Visa Applications:

Our commitment to excellence ensures timely and accurate visa submissions, avoiding any unnecessary delays or complications. We pride ourselves on our track record of meeting deadlines and guaranteeing a smooth application journey for both employers and employees.

Comprehensiveness at Your Fingertips:

From initial consultations to preparing robust applications, our comprehensive range of services covers every aspect of work visa procurement. We provide you with all the necessary resources and guidance, ensuring you are well-prepared and confident throughout the process.

Stay Informed:

Stay updated with the latest changes in immigration policies and regulations. Our platform offers 24/7 access to essential information, valuable insights, and updates to keep you well-informed on the evolving landscape of work visas in Hong Kong.

Go to Top