One of the popular ways to commence law practice in Hong Kong is by becoming a consultant. It is also known as being self-employed, freelance, or contract. However, the practice is new to many lawyers, even though it has always existed in other professions like accountancy, engineering, and IT.
The practice offers individuals more flexibility and control compared to the employment relationship. By networking with various lawyers, you will be on the way to becoming an emerging new breed and top. The Legal Practitioners Ordinance (Cap.159) and its subsidiary legislation is the legislation governing the legal profession in Hong Kong.
- The Organization of a Law Firm in Hong Kong
- Practicing Law as a Foreigner in Hong Kong
- Requirements for Obtaining a Practicing Certificate/License
- Pupillage/training contract
- Categories of Lawyers in Hong Kong
- Disciplinary Tribunal for Lawyers