To practice law in Hong Kong as a foreigner, one must complete a degree in law from an eligible institution and complete the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) in one of the recognized universities in Hong Kong/ complete the PCLL conversion program. 

A foreign lawyer who the required level of post-admission experience in law can take the Barristers Qualification Examination to qualify as a lawyer. One should also apply to the Law society for registration at an international law firm or convert the firm to a Hong Kong law firm.